Skip to main content

Sowing the Seed of Compassion

Once when Srila Gurudeva was in Kuala Lumpur, and was hosted by a family in a residential area, the neighbours complained that the devotees were making too much noise early in the morning, meaning during mangala arati.
This matter was brought up to Srila Gurudeva by some devotees. Below is the excerpt of the conversation:
(Devotees): Srila Gurudeva, there's been some complain about us making too much noise early in the morning.
(Srila Gurudeva): O you should all tone down. Do not disturb anyone.
(Devotee): But I already talked to them and they said it was alright.
(Srila Gurudeva): No, No. We should still keep it down and not disturb them.
Also, a similar incident happened in the Philippines in 1999 when Srila Gurudeva was hosted in a beach resort during Christmas. There was loud blaring of music and much merriment was going on. One of the devotees complained the matter to the resort management. The devotees were also planning to move Srila Gurudeva to another beach house.
As for the noise it was somewhat quiet, then back to its fullest volume!
At that time Srila Gurudeva was resting and now His Divine Grace woke up.
(Devotee): Srila Gurudeva, we complained the matter to the management to keep it down. And we may also have to move.
(to their surprise Srila Gurudeva answered)
(Srila Gurudeva): Oh no harm. It is like Krsna playing His flute. Did you make any complaint? You should not complain. These people are like children. They want to be happy in this material world. Soon they will become old and die.
(The maha-bhagavata is not disturbed at all. He is most calm and most compassionate. He showers love to all those around Him. His character is exemplary so that one day such truths will manifests in our hearts.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life & Times of Sripad Bhakti Prakash Hrishikesh Maharaja in Malaysia

When I heard about the passing away of Sripad Bhakti Prakash Hrishikesh Maharaja, I was a little numb at first. My feelings were not completely settled to his passing. But after looking at his pictures, it finally dawned upon me that His Holiness was no more in this planet. Maharaja reminded me of someone so dynamic in serving Sri Hari, Guru & Vaishnavas. Nothing was impossible for him. Maharaja used to go heads on without thinking of any consequences. He did not believe much in meetings and talking about how to do a seva because he was an action man. He always said to me, “Let’s just do it. Krsna will take care of everything!!!” Maharaja was the first person to assist me in printing the book “Shower of Love.” When Srila Gurudeva ordered me to always write, I was totally lost as what to do. With whatever little knowledge I had, the compilation of lectures took place. But it was Maharaja who showed me the ropes of how to put in the footnotes, headings, sub-headings, titles etc. I re...

Of Ghosts and the Maha-Mantra

At a recent darshan in Desaru a devotee mentioned to Srila Gurudeva that ghosts are disturbing and the devotee is very much disturbed. Below is an insight of the conversation that transpired between the devotee and Srila Gurudeva . (Devotee): I feel something of someone touching me. I want to know what it is? ( Srila Gurudeva ): Are you chanting your rounds? (Devotee): Yes ( Srila Gurudeva ) I don't believe. If anyone is chanting and remembering, then no ghost will harm them. Now say after me. 'Om Narasimhaya Namah .' (Devotee repeats the mantra) ( Srila Gurudeva ) You are to say this mantra 3 times. Morning, noon and evening time. This incident reminded me of Srila Bhaktivinod Thakur when he was a magistrate in Puri . At that time a man who practices the occult was wanting to do the rasa dance with other men's wives and young girls. Srila Bhaktivinod Thakur captured the man and had him thrown in jail. Later Srila Bhaktivinod Thakur experienced sever...

Being Persistent

Preaching and bringing in new people to chant is not an easy task. We have to be persistent. Srila Gurudeva often says, "Preaching is really for the preacher himself/herself. The more we preach, the more realisation we can acquire." There's this university student, Priya , whom I got in touch with 2 years ago by one god-sister. Since my god-sister, Malati, who resides in India cannot always be in constant preaching contact, she therefore forwarded Priya's e-mail and contact number to me. Many times I had invited Priya for programmes at our preaching centre, which she will politely decline. This is because she lives very far away and she don't own a car, as yet. She is a student after all. Besides, her mother do not approve of her going out after dusk. To this I usually advised her to listen to her mother. Just 4 days ago I decided to have a lunch house programme this Sunday. So I text ed message Priya and to my surprise she confirmed her coming through e-mail. ...