Skip to main content

Krsna - The Supreme Thief

 








Below is an excerpt of a sweet hari-katha spoken by Srimati Uma didi during her stay here.
  
"Once there lived a young thief. One day, the thief heard a sadhu (holy man) was giving hari-katha about a very beautiful Boy with lovely curling locks, with dark bluish complexion. And the Boy wears many types of ornaments. This beautiful Boy goes cow grazing everyday with His friends. Sometimes He is with all His friends and sometimes He is alone.

So now the thief thought of becoming the friend of this beautiful Boy. And later he will be able to steal all His ornaments. Then, he would not have to steal anymore and live a very comfortable life.

So, the thief went to Vrindavan. He was searching everyday for this beautiful Boy. Many days passed. The thief's eagerness grew immensely strong. He was so determined in wanting to meet this Boy with the ornaments. 

After some days had passed, the thief saw the Boy who is after all Krsna. Beautiful Krsna was decked in His ornaments and called out, "O I was waiting for you for a long time."

The thief thought, "This is going to be easy. I was thinking of becoming His friend and now He has befriended me instead."

Soon Krsna and the thief went everywhere together. The thief's heart was completely purified and forgot all about stealing the ornaments. 

One day Krsna did not come as usual. The thief waited and waited in separation for Krsna. His heart was burning in intense separation. The next day Krsna came and again Krsna took the thief here and there in Vrindavan.

Some days passed and Krsna told the thief, "O my friend, I want to give you my ornaments. Here, take all My ornaments."

The thief said, "I don't want your ornaments. I only want You as my friend forever!""

When you hear very high class hari-katha from bona-fide high class Vaishnavas, then greed will come into your heart. Greed is the only qualification to attain Krsna. 

We must first hear all these hari-katha from a bona-fide Sri Guru. Give your ears and then take darshan of the holy places. Otherwise if you were to go to Govardhan, you will think of Govardhan as a rock. You won't know the glories of Govardhan. 

By hearing all these top most hari-katha from bona-fide Vaishnavas, you will develop greed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life & Times of Sripad Bhakti Prakash Hrishikesh Maharaja in Malaysia

When I heard about the passing away of Sripad Bhakti Prakash Hrishikesh Maharaja, I was a little numb at first. My feelings were not completely settled to his passing. But after looking at his pictures, it finally dawned upon me that His Holiness was no more in this planet. Maharaja reminded me of someone so dynamic in serving Sri Hari, Guru & Vaishnavas. Nothing was impossible for him. Maharaja used to go heads on without thinking of any consequences. He did not believe much in meetings and talking about how to do a seva because he was an action man. He always said to me, “Let’s just do it. Krsna will take care of everything!!!” Maharaja was the first person to assist me in printing the book “Shower of Love.” When Srila Gurudeva ordered me to always write, I was totally lost as what to do. With whatever little knowledge I had, the compilation of lectures took place. But it was Maharaja who showed me the ropes of how to put in the footnotes, headings, sub-headings, titles etc. I re...

Of Ghosts and the Maha-Mantra

At a recent darshan in Desaru a devotee mentioned to Srila Gurudeva that ghosts are disturbing and the devotee is very much disturbed. Below is an insight of the conversation that transpired between the devotee and Srila Gurudeva . (Devotee): I feel something of someone touching me. I want to know what it is? ( Srila Gurudeva ): Are you chanting your rounds? (Devotee): Yes ( Srila Gurudeva ) I don't believe. If anyone is chanting and remembering, then no ghost will harm them. Now say after me. 'Om Narasimhaya Namah .' (Devotee repeats the mantra) ( Srila Gurudeva ) You are to say this mantra 3 times. Morning, noon and evening time. This incident reminded me of Srila Bhaktivinod Thakur when he was a magistrate in Puri . At that time a man who practices the occult was wanting to do the rasa dance with other men's wives and young girls. Srila Bhaktivinod Thakur captured the man and had him thrown in jail. Later Srila Bhaktivinod Thakur experienced sever...

Being Persistent

Preaching and bringing in new people to chant is not an easy task. We have to be persistent. Srila Gurudeva often says, "Preaching is really for the preacher himself/herself. The more we preach, the more realisation we can acquire." There's this university student, Priya , whom I got in touch with 2 years ago by one god-sister. Since my god-sister, Malati, who resides in India cannot always be in constant preaching contact, she therefore forwarded Priya's e-mail and contact number to me. Many times I had invited Priya for programmes at our preaching centre, which she will politely decline. This is because she lives very far away and she don't own a car, as yet. She is a student after all. Besides, her mother do not approve of her going out after dusk. To this I usually advised her to listen to her mother. Just 4 days ago I decided to have a lunch house programme this Sunday. So I text ed message Priya and to my surprise she confirmed her coming through e-mail. ...