Skip to main content

Sri Guru is Always Perfect

Lately a disciple of Srila Prabhupada and sannyas disciple of Srila Bhaktivedanta Narayana Maharaja visited Malaysia. His name is Sripad Bhaktivedanta Avadhuta Maharaja (see picture below). He gave a very sweet class on how Sri Guru is perfect in every way.












Sripad BV Avadhuta Maharaja Below is the excerpt of the class:

"Once Srila Bhaktivedanta Swami Maharaja's (Srila Prabhupada) ordered his disciple to post a letter. The disciple took the envelope and noticed it was not sealed. 

He went back to Srila Prabhupada and pointed out the unsealed envelope. Srila Prabhupada simply said, "Post it."

The perplexed disciple did not know what to do. He went out of Srila Prabhupada's room but thought hard that an unsealed envelope will never get delivered. He went back to Srila Prabhupada and told his Guru what he thought. 

Again, Srila Prabhupada simply said, "Just take the envelope to the post office."

Now, the very confused disciple came out of the room feeling even more lost. He thought perhaps he must articulate himself better to make Srila Prabhupada understand. So he went back to Srila Prabhupada's room and told his Guru once again about the unsealed envelope. 

This time, Sripa Prabhupada became somewhat annoyed and slammed his hands on the armchair and said, "You don't know Sri Guru! Whatever Sri Guru says is perfect. Do as I have told you to do so!"

Without wasting a moment, the disciple immediately headed towards the post office . The clerk at the counter took the envelope, sealed it and placed the envelope with the other envelopes of the same destination.

Moral of the Story
Whatever our Srila Gurudeva has said or ordered is always perfect. We are not to question it. We cannot use mere logic and our material senses to understand Sri Guru. It is only by Sri Guru's mercy, can we realize who He is.

Jay Srila Gurudeva!










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life & Times of Sripad Bhakti Prakash Hrishikesh Maharaja in Malaysia

When I heard about the passing away of Sripad Bhakti Prakash Hrishikesh Maharaja, I was a little numb at first. My feelings were not completely settled to his passing. But after looking at his pictures, it finally dawned upon me that His Holiness was no more in this planet. Maharaja reminded me of someone so dynamic in serving Sri Hari, Guru & Vaishnavas. Nothing was impossible for him. Maharaja used to go heads on without thinking of any consequences. He did not believe much in meetings and talking about how to do a seva because he was an action man. He always said to me, “Let’s just do it. Krsna will take care of everything!!!” Maharaja was the first person to assist me in printing the book “Shower of Love.” When Srila Gurudeva ordered me to always write, I was totally lost as what to do. With whatever little knowledge I had, the compilation of lectures took place. But it was Maharaja who showed me the ropes of how to put in the footnotes, headings, sub-headings, titles etc. I re...

Of Ghosts and the Maha-Mantra

At a recent darshan in Desaru a devotee mentioned to Srila Gurudeva that ghosts are disturbing and the devotee is very much disturbed. Below is an insight of the conversation that transpired between the devotee and Srila Gurudeva . (Devotee): I feel something of someone touching me. I want to know what it is? ( Srila Gurudeva ): Are you chanting your rounds? (Devotee): Yes ( Srila Gurudeva ) I don't believe. If anyone is chanting and remembering, then no ghost will harm them. Now say after me. 'Om Narasimhaya Namah .' (Devotee repeats the mantra) ( Srila Gurudeva ) You are to say this mantra 3 times. Morning, noon and evening time. This incident reminded me of Srila Bhaktivinod Thakur when he was a magistrate in Puri . At that time a man who practices the occult was wanting to do the rasa dance with other men's wives and young girls. Srila Bhaktivinod Thakur captured the man and had him thrown in jail. Later Srila Bhaktivinod Thakur experienced sever...

Being Persistent

Preaching and bringing in new people to chant is not an easy task. We have to be persistent. Srila Gurudeva often says, "Preaching is really for the preacher himself/herself. The more we preach, the more realisation we can acquire." There's this university student, Priya , whom I got in touch with 2 years ago by one god-sister. Since my god-sister, Malati, who resides in India cannot always be in constant preaching contact, she therefore forwarded Priya's e-mail and contact number to me. Many times I had invited Priya for programmes at our preaching centre, which she will politely decline. This is because she lives very far away and she don't own a car, as yet. She is a student after all. Besides, her mother do not approve of her going out after dusk. To this I usually advised her to listen to her mother. Just 4 days ago I decided to have a lunch house programme this Sunday. So I text ed message Priya and to my surprise she confirmed her coming through e-mail. ...