Skip to main content

The Mercy of Sri Guru


Srila Bhakti Promode Puri Maharaja




Below is a short excerpt of Sripad Bibuddha Bodhyan Maharaja's class about his Srila Gurudeva - Srila Bhakti Promode Puri Maharaj when he was in Malaysia. 



“In 1983, Srila Bhakti Promode Puri Maharaja used to stay in Sri Caitanya Gaudiya Math. He used to give initiation to a few people at that time. He was 82 years old. One lady disciple who was initiated for 6 months found out she had terminal cancer. She had only 3 weeks to live. So she came to Srila Gurudeva to take his darshan and his foot bath water and to die eventually.
Sripad Bhakti Bibuddha Bodhyan Maharaj

Usually from 3:00 a.m. to 7:00 a.m., Srila Gurudeva used to chant. The devotee came to visit Srila Gurudeva. After Srila Gurudeva finished his prayers and chanting by 11:00 a.m., she told him everything.

Srila Gurudeva said, “Let us get Sri Krsna’s direct caranamrita.”

Srila Gurudeva ordered the devotee to go to Kesi Ghat at 3:00 a.m. to get the caranamrita and foot dust of Krsna. Then she was ordered to go to Nidhuvan at 12:00 p.m. to take the foot dust of Krsna. She did everything as instructed.

That lady devotee is still alive with sound health.”                                                           


This is the glory of a bona-fide Sri Guru. One should never look upon him as an ordinary human being. Our lineage or guru-parampara is not an ordinary one. We are very fortunate to be in this line of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and Sri Nityananda Prabhu.

Jay Srila Gurudeva!

Comments

Lokaguru das said…
Keep posting. These are very wonderful stories. I came upon your blog via a post on Facebook.
There is a good effect on the world and you are helping.
All glories to Sri Guru and Gauranga

Popular posts from this blog

Life & Times of Sripad Bhakti Prakash Hrishikesh Maharaja in Malaysia

When I heard about the passing away of Sripad Bhakti Prakash Hrishikesh Maharaja, I was a little numb at first. My feelings were not completely settled to his passing. But after looking at his pictures, it finally dawned upon me that His Holiness was no more in this planet. Maharaja reminded me of someone so dynamic in serving Sri Hari, Guru & Vaishnavas. Nothing was impossible for him. Maharaja used to go heads on without thinking of any consequences. He did not believe much in meetings and talking about how to do a seva because he was an action man. He always said to me, “Let’s just do it. Krsna will take care of everything!!!” Maharaja was the first person to assist me in printing the book “Shower of Love.” When Srila Gurudeva ordered me to always write, I was totally lost as what to do. With whatever little knowledge I had, the compilation of lectures took place. But it was Maharaja who showed me the ropes of how to put in the footnotes, headings, sub-headings, titles etc. I re...

Of Ghosts and the Maha-Mantra

At a recent darshan in Desaru a devotee mentioned to Srila Gurudeva that ghosts are disturbing and the devotee is very much disturbed. Below is an insight of the conversation that transpired between the devotee and Srila Gurudeva . (Devotee): I feel something of someone touching me. I want to know what it is? ( Srila Gurudeva ): Are you chanting your rounds? (Devotee): Yes ( Srila Gurudeva ) I don't believe. If anyone is chanting and remembering, then no ghost will harm them. Now say after me. 'Om Narasimhaya Namah .' (Devotee repeats the mantra) ( Srila Gurudeva ) You are to say this mantra 3 times. Morning, noon and evening time. This incident reminded me of Srila Bhaktivinod Thakur when he was a magistrate in Puri . At that time a man who practices the occult was wanting to do the rasa dance with other men's wives and young girls. Srila Bhaktivinod Thakur captured the man and had him thrown in jail. Later Srila Bhaktivinod Thakur experienced sever...

Being Persistent

Preaching and bringing in new people to chant is not an easy task. We have to be persistent. Srila Gurudeva often says, "Preaching is really for the preacher himself/herself. The more we preach, the more realisation we can acquire." There's this university student, Priya , whom I got in touch with 2 years ago by one god-sister. Since my god-sister, Malati, who resides in India cannot always be in constant preaching contact, she therefore forwarded Priya's e-mail and contact number to me. Many times I had invited Priya for programmes at our preaching centre, which she will politely decline. This is because she lives very far away and she don't own a car, as yet. She is a student after all. Besides, her mother do not approve of her going out after dusk. To this I usually advised her to listen to her mother. Just 4 days ago I decided to have a lunch house programme this Sunday. So I text ed message Priya and to my surprise she confirmed her coming through e-mail. ...