Skip to main content

A Little Bird Flew into My Home




On the Disappearance day of  Srila Bhaktivedanta Swami Maharaja, this heart felt poem was written:



A Little Bird Flew into my Home

Today, a little bird flew into my home
It was beautiful
With a long red neck
and colourful feathers
I chanted "Radhe! Radhe!" to it
It looked at me, disoriented

Today, a litte bird flew into my home
I chanted "Haribolo!"
It looked my way
To whom do I owe my remembrance to the Holy Names?
To my Guru and Guru-varga

Today, a little bird flew into my home
I marvel at its beauty
At its creation
I think he must be Kanhaiya's friend
Perhaps he's here with a message

Today, a little bird flew into my home
I remember Srila Prabhupad
I remember my Gurudeva
I remember seeing Srila Prabhupad in my Gurudeva
as I chant "Hare Krsna!" to the bird

Today, a little bird flew into my home
I think about the beauty of Srila Prabhupad
Without whom the Westerners and Asians alike
will not be able to chant the Holy Names
What sacrifice he had done for us all!

Displaying 20141027_084945.jpgToday, a little bird flew into my home
I remember how Srimati Radhika's parrot, Suka
eating pomegranate from Her Lotus Hands
Yet, it flew away
Then, caught by Kanhaiya
Suka felt morose

Today, a little bird flew into my home
Where will I be without my Srila Prabhupad?
Where will I be without my Srila Gurudeva?
What will I do, without their Hari-Katha?
Displaying 20141027_085224.jpgEternally, I am indebted
For now, friends call me to speak
their Hari-Katha

Today, a little bird flew into my home
I pray that I maybe an instrument in their hands
Always trying my utmost best
And most of all to serve my Guru Manjari
In my wonderful svarup, someday

Today, a little bird flew into my home ....
Actually, it is His home ...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life & Times of Sripad Bhakti Prakash Hrishikesh Maharaja in Malaysia

When I heard about the passing away of Sripad Bhakti Prakash Hrishikesh Maharaja, I was a little numb at first. My feelings were not completely settled to his passing. But after looking at his pictures, it finally dawned upon me that His Holiness was no more in this planet. Maharaja reminded me of someone so dynamic in serving Sri Hari, Guru & Vaishnavas. Nothing was impossible for him. Maharaja used to go heads on without thinking of any consequences. He did not believe much in meetings and talking about how to do a seva because he was an action man. He always said to me, “Let’s just do it. Krsna will take care of everything!!!” Maharaja was the first person to assist me in printing the book “Shower of Love.” When Srila Gurudeva ordered me to always write, I was totally lost as what to do. With whatever little knowledge I had, the compilation of lectures took place. But it was Maharaja who showed me the ropes of how to put in the footnotes, headings, sub-headings, titles etc. I re...

Of Ghosts and the Maha-Mantra

At a recent darshan in Desaru a devotee mentioned to Srila Gurudeva that ghosts are disturbing and the devotee is very much disturbed. Below is an insight of the conversation that transpired between the devotee and Srila Gurudeva . (Devotee): I feel something of someone touching me. I want to know what it is? ( Srila Gurudeva ): Are you chanting your rounds? (Devotee): Yes ( Srila Gurudeva ) I don't believe. If anyone is chanting and remembering, then no ghost will harm them. Now say after me. 'Om Narasimhaya Namah .' (Devotee repeats the mantra) ( Srila Gurudeva ) You are to say this mantra 3 times. Morning, noon and evening time. This incident reminded me of Srila Bhaktivinod Thakur when he was a magistrate in Puri . At that time a man who practices the occult was wanting to do the rasa dance with other men's wives and young girls. Srila Bhaktivinod Thakur captured the man and had him thrown in jail. Later Srila Bhaktivinod Thakur experienced sever...

Being Persistent

Preaching and bringing in new people to chant is not an easy task. We have to be persistent. Srila Gurudeva often says, "Preaching is really for the preacher himself/herself. The more we preach, the more realisation we can acquire." There's this university student, Priya , whom I got in touch with 2 years ago by one god-sister. Since my god-sister, Malati, who resides in India cannot always be in constant preaching contact, she therefore forwarded Priya's e-mail and contact number to me. Many times I had invited Priya for programmes at our preaching centre, which she will politely decline. This is because she lives very far away and she don't own a car, as yet. She is a student after all. Besides, her mother do not approve of her going out after dusk. To this I usually advised her to listen to her mother. Just 4 days ago I decided to have a lunch house programme this Sunday. So I text ed message Priya and to my surprise she confirmed her coming through e-mail. ...