Skip to main content

Lord Krsna is Bhakta Vatsalya


 

Recently Malaysian devotees had the good fortune to associate with Sripad Bhaktivedanta Siddhanti Maharaja. Below is a short excerpt of Maharaj's class:


Image result for Krishna showing affection to his devotees Once King  Akhbar asked his trusted minister Bilbar, how is it that God comes Himself to save his devotees from any dangers. Why not sent His armies instead?

When Bilbar heard that, he asked the King to give him a few days to think about the question.

Image result for sripad bhaktivedanta siddhanti maharaj
Sripad BV Siddhanti Maharaja
Finally after some days, Bilbar asked the King to go on a boating trip. He requested the young prince to be present in the boat as well. When the King heard this, he came with all his associates and confidantes. When the boat was in the middle of the lake, Bilbar threw the young prince into the water. The King was shocked and immediately without thinking jumped into the waters to save his young son.

When the King was back on the boat, he rebuked Bilbar to have acted in a maddened way. Bilbar told the King why he acted that way, "My dear King, that was the answer to the question you asked the previous day."


The purport of the story is - Lord Krsna will always save His own devotees as He is very affectionate towards His devotees. He does not wait for His armies or close confidantes to do it. He Himself will save His devotees. Similarly the King did not wait for his close associates to jump into the water to save the young prince.

Among Bhagavan's qualities, His affection or bhakta vatsalya is His topmost quality.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life & Times of Sripad Bhakti Prakash Hrishikesh Maharaja in Malaysia

When I heard about the passing away of Sripad Bhakti Prakash Hrishikesh Maharaja, I was a little numb at first. My feelings were not completely settled to his passing. But after looking at his pictures, it finally dawned upon me that His Holiness was no more in this planet. Maharaja reminded me of someone so dynamic in serving Sri Hari, Guru & Vaishnavas. Nothing was impossible for him. Maharaja used to go heads on without thinking of any consequences. He did not believe much in meetings and talking about how to do a seva because he was an action man. He always said to me, “Let’s just do it. Krsna will take care of everything!!!” Maharaja was the first person to assist me in printing the book “Shower of Love.” When Srila Gurudeva ordered me to always write, I was totally lost as what to do. With whatever little knowledge I had, the compilation of lectures took place. But it was Maharaja who showed me the ropes of how to put in the footnotes, headings, sub-headings, titles etc. I re...

Of Ghosts and the Maha-Mantra

At a recent darshan in Desaru a devotee mentioned to Srila Gurudeva that ghosts are disturbing and the devotee is very much disturbed. Below is an insight of the conversation that transpired between the devotee and Srila Gurudeva . (Devotee): I feel something of someone touching me. I want to know what it is? ( Srila Gurudeva ): Are you chanting your rounds? (Devotee): Yes ( Srila Gurudeva ) I don't believe. If anyone is chanting and remembering, then no ghost will harm them. Now say after me. 'Om Narasimhaya Namah .' (Devotee repeats the mantra) ( Srila Gurudeva ) You are to say this mantra 3 times. Morning, noon and evening time. This incident reminded me of Srila Bhaktivinod Thakur when he was a magistrate in Puri . At that time a man who practices the occult was wanting to do the rasa dance with other men's wives and young girls. Srila Bhaktivinod Thakur captured the man and had him thrown in jail. Later Srila Bhaktivinod Thakur experienced sever...

Being Persistent

Preaching and bringing in new people to chant is not an easy task. We have to be persistent. Srila Gurudeva often says, "Preaching is really for the preacher himself/herself. The more we preach, the more realisation we can acquire." There's this university student, Priya , whom I got in touch with 2 years ago by one god-sister. Since my god-sister, Malati, who resides in India cannot always be in constant preaching contact, she therefore forwarded Priya's e-mail and contact number to me. Many times I had invited Priya for programmes at our preaching centre, which she will politely decline. This is because she lives very far away and she don't own a car, as yet. She is a student after all. Besides, her mother do not approve of her going out after dusk. To this I usually advised her to listen to her mother. Just 4 days ago I decided to have a lunch house programme this Sunday. So I text ed message Priya and to my surprise she confirmed her coming through e-mail. ...