Skip to main content

Total Dedication to Their Lordships


(On 17th June, Sri Sri Radha Govinda Gaudiya Math, Malaysia had the good fortune to host Sripad Bhakti Bibuddha Bodhayan Maharaja on his recent tour here, Below is an excerpt of the Hari-Katha given by Maharaji)

Image result for images of srila gour kishore das babaji maharaja
Srila Gour Kishore das Bahaji Maharaja


Once Srila Gour Kishore das Babaji Maharaja called a doctor to come immediately to him.  
The doctor thought that Srila Maharaja must be ill. Therefore, he rushed to where Srila Maharaja was living.

As soon as the doctor arrived, Srila Maharaja ordered the doctor to treat his wooden Deities – Their Lordships, Sri Gaur Nitai.

The doctor thought this must be some kind of joke. How can an image of wood be treated? The doctor thought to himself. He assumed that Srila Maharaja had lost his mind.

But Srila Maharaja insisted and asked the doctor to check his Deities' pulses.
Seeing such determination and also to pacify Srila Maharaja, the doctor checked the Deities' pulses. As soon as he touched Sri Gaur Nitai,  the doctor felt the Deities were having a high temperature. In fact They were having fever!
Image result for image of sripad bhakti bibudha maharaj
Sripad Bhakti Bibuddha Bodhayan Maharaja
The doctor gave some medicine to be offered for Their Lordships.

Srila Babaji Maharaja ordered the doctor to come again the next day and check on Them once more – just in case They were still sick.

So just see how much devotion, love and affection Srila Gaur Kishore das Babaji Maharaja has for Their Lordships and how They are reciprocating with him as well.

We should always chant and remember the sweet pastimes of Their Lordships. Otherwise we may have to come back again in this material world.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life & Times of Sripad Bhakti Prakash Hrishikesh Maharaja in Malaysia

When I heard about the passing away of Sripad Bhakti Prakash Hrishikesh Maharaja, I was a little numb at first. My feelings were not completely settled to his passing. But after looking at his pictures, it finally dawned upon me that His Holiness was no more in this planet. Maharaja reminded me of someone so dynamic in serving Sri Hari, Guru & Vaishnavas. Nothing was impossible for him. Maharaja used to go heads on without thinking of any consequences. He did not believe much in meetings and talking about how to do a seva because he was an action man. He always said to me, “Let’s just do it. Krsna will take care of everything!!!” Maharaja was the first person to assist me in printing the book “Shower of Love.” When Srila Gurudeva ordered me to always write, I was totally lost as what to do. With whatever little knowledge I had, the compilation of lectures took place. But it was Maharaja who showed me the ropes of how to put in the footnotes, headings, sub-headings, titles etc. I re...

Of Ghosts and the Maha-Mantra

At a recent darshan in Desaru a devotee mentioned to Srila Gurudeva that ghosts are disturbing and the devotee is very much disturbed. Below is an insight of the conversation that transpired between the devotee and Srila Gurudeva . (Devotee): I feel something of someone touching me. I want to know what it is? ( Srila Gurudeva ): Are you chanting your rounds? (Devotee): Yes ( Srila Gurudeva ) I don't believe. If anyone is chanting and remembering, then no ghost will harm them. Now say after me. 'Om Narasimhaya Namah .' (Devotee repeats the mantra) ( Srila Gurudeva ) You are to say this mantra 3 times. Morning, noon and evening time. This incident reminded me of Srila Bhaktivinod Thakur when he was a magistrate in Puri . At that time a man who practices the occult was wanting to do the rasa dance with other men's wives and young girls. Srila Bhaktivinod Thakur captured the man and had him thrown in jail. Later Srila Bhaktivinod Thakur experienced sever...

Being Persistent

Preaching and bringing in new people to chant is not an easy task. We have to be persistent. Srila Gurudeva often says, "Preaching is really for the preacher himself/herself. The more we preach, the more realisation we can acquire." There's this university student, Priya , whom I got in touch with 2 years ago by one god-sister. Since my god-sister, Malati, who resides in India cannot always be in constant preaching contact, she therefore forwarded Priya's e-mail and contact number to me. Many times I had invited Priya for programmes at our preaching centre, which she will politely decline. This is because she lives very far away and she don't own a car, as yet. She is a student after all. Besides, her mother do not approve of her going out after dusk. To this I usually advised her to listen to her mother. Just 4 days ago I decided to have a lunch house programme this Sunday. So I text ed message Priya and to my surprise she confirmed her coming through e-mail. ...