Skip to main content

One Hard Knock

 The other day, I was having a conversation about children with this very sweet Mataji.

Mataji lamented  how she keeps worrying about her children, even though all are grown up. She keeps advising them, although her advice is really not that appreciated or even taken seriously by her children. Then, when they get a hard knock, only then, they realise that their mother was right after all. 

It is a very natural thing for a mother to keep worrying about her kids. Even in the spiritual world, Mother Yasoda keeps worrying about her Lala, Sweet Krsna. Of course, everything that happens here is a perverted reflection. Over there, it is only pure love of the Lord. 

The conversation then went on to Srila Gurudeva.

Mataji said, she found it hard to keep up with all of Srila Gurudeva's instructions. Sometimes she feels she needs time to evolve. I told her everything will happen in due time. 

And just like how she worries about her children, Srila Gurudeva is also worried about our spiritual welfare. We may follow him and at times go astray. When Maya gives her hard knock on us, then we will run back to Srila Gurudeva. After many, many knocks from this material world, we will eventually cry out to really wanting to get out of this rut, permanently. We will then say. "Enough is enough!"

Srila Gurudeva, like a mother, will always be there for us - no matter what.

The sweet Mataji nodded in agreement. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life & Times of Sripad Bhakti Prakash Hrishikesh Maharaja in Malaysia

When I heard about the passing away of Sripad Bhakti Prakash Hrishikesh Maharaja, I was a little numb at first. My feelings were not completely settled to his passing. But after looking at his pictures, it finally dawned upon me that His Holiness was no more in this planet. Maharaja reminded me of someone so dynamic in serving Sri Hari, Guru & Vaishnavas. Nothing was impossible for him. Maharaja used to go heads on without thinking of any consequences. He did not believe much in meetings and talking about how to do a seva because he was an action man. He always said to me, “Let’s just do it. Krsna will take care of everything!!!” Maharaja was the first person to assist me in printing the book “Shower of Love.” When Srila Gurudeva ordered me to always write, I was totally lost as what to do. With whatever little knowledge I had, the compilation of lectures took place. But it was Maharaja who showed me the ropes of how to put in the footnotes, headings, sub-headings, titles etc. I re...

Of Ghosts and the Maha-Mantra

At a recent darshan in Desaru a devotee mentioned to Srila Gurudeva that ghosts are disturbing and the devotee is very much disturbed. Below is an insight of the conversation that transpired between the devotee and Srila Gurudeva . (Devotee): I feel something of someone touching me. I want to know what it is? ( Srila Gurudeva ): Are you chanting your rounds? (Devotee): Yes ( Srila Gurudeva ) I don't believe. If anyone is chanting and remembering, then no ghost will harm them. Now say after me. 'Om Narasimhaya Namah .' (Devotee repeats the mantra) ( Srila Gurudeva ) You are to say this mantra 3 times. Morning, noon and evening time. This incident reminded me of Srila Bhaktivinod Thakur when he was a magistrate in Puri . At that time a man who practices the occult was wanting to do the rasa dance with other men's wives and young girls. Srila Bhaktivinod Thakur captured the man and had him thrown in jail. Later Srila Bhaktivinod Thakur experienced sever...

Being Persistent

Preaching and bringing in new people to chant is not an easy task. We have to be persistent. Srila Gurudeva often says, "Preaching is really for the preacher himself/herself. The more we preach, the more realisation we can acquire." There's this university student, Priya , whom I got in touch with 2 years ago by one god-sister. Since my god-sister, Malati, who resides in India cannot always be in constant preaching contact, she therefore forwarded Priya's e-mail and contact number to me. Many times I had invited Priya for programmes at our preaching centre, which she will politely decline. This is because she lives very far away and she don't own a car, as yet. She is a student after all. Besides, her mother do not approve of her going out after dusk. To this I usually advised her to listen to her mother. Just 4 days ago I decided to have a lunch house programme this Sunday. So I text ed message Priya and to my surprise she confirmed her coming through e-mail. ...