Skip to main content

The Beauty of Sri Radha Krsna



 

 Srimati Uma didi is here in Malaysia and she is giving wonderful classes. Below is a very short and powerful excerpt of Didi's class she gave on 11 January 2013

"In this world we are attracted to very beautiful persons. In the beginning a man is very attracted to the face of his beautiful wife. Her face will be like the beautiful moon. After some time, her face will be like the sun. So much heat is coming. After many years her face will be like the volcanoes. This means her beauty fades and she is not as palatable as she was before. 

Miss Universe is very beautiful. But how long her beauty is going to last. This is material beauty. Nothing lasts. Therefore the beauty of Sri Radha and Krsna is forever beautiful. It is transcendental beauty. If one has the good fortune to see Their Beauty, then all material desires will be vanquished.

Once there was a goonda called Dhanurdasa. Everyone was afraid of him. He married a very beautiful girl. Her father had to give her hand in marriage to Dhanurdasa as the father was afraid of the goonda. 

Dhanurdasa was enamored by his wife's beauty. He used to make public affection of his love for his wife. People used to scoff him. But Sri Ramanuja said that a man who is capable of so much love should be directed to the right goal - that is towards the Supreme Personality of Godhead. 

Sri Ramunuja approached Dhanurdasa and asked why he deeply loved his wife. Dhanurdasa said that his wife is so beautiful, with beautiful eyes and none can equal her beauty. 

Then Sri Ramunuja said, " I will show you the One who is more beautiful!"

Dhanurdasa scoffed, "Impossible! If you do then I will be your servant, otherwise you will have to be my servant."

Sri Ramanuja placed his hand on Dhanurdasa's head and took him to have darshan of the Lord. Dhanurdasa was overwhelmed with love of God. Now he knows than none can equal the beauty of the Lord. He immediately became a follower of Sri Ramanuja."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Great Devotee of Lord Jagannatha (part 1)

(A dear god-sister, who is residing in Orissa, sent me this sweet wonderful lila of Jagannatha and his dear most devotee , Hope you will find much inspiration from this katha) Dasia Bauri – The Grea t Bhakta of The Supreme Personality of Godhead, Sri Jagannatha Deva Sri khetra Jagannath Puri is the Greatest dhama of the Supreme Lord, where Krishna (Shyamasundara) is manifesting in His eternally merciful and most joyful form known as avatari Jagannath. The place is further glorified by the foot dust of great unalloyed loving devotees called premi-bhaktas. From time immemorial Sri Jagannathjiu has been worshiped in this dhama and the great scriptures like Srimad-Bhagawata, Padma, Visnu, Skanda Puranas etc are the evidence. It is mentioned in the Skanda-Purana that Sri-Prahalada maharaja did ratha-yatra festival long long ago in the age of Satya-Yuga. In this age also Jagannathjiu has a great history. There are devotees beginning from the reign of Pandya kings. All the

Life & Times of Sripad Bhakti Prakash Hrishikesh Maharaja in Malaysia

When I heard about the passing away of Sripad Bhakti Prakash Hrishikesh Maharaja, I was a little numb at first. My feelings were not completely settled to his passing. But after looking at his pictures, it finally dawned upon me that His Holiness was no more in this planet. Maharaja reminded me of someone so dynamic in serving Sri Hari, Guru & Vaishnavas. Nothing was impossible for him. Maharaja used to go heads on without thinking of any consequences. He did not believe much in meetings and talking about how to do a seva because he was an action man. He always said to me, “Let’s just do it. Krsna will take care of everything!!!” Maharaja was the first person to assist me in printing the book “Shower of Love.” When Srila Gurudeva ordered me to always write, I was totally lost as what to do. With whatever little knowledge I had, the compilation of lectures took place. But it was Maharaja who showed me the ropes of how to put in the footnotes, headings, sub-headings, titles etc. I re

Reconciling Apparent Differences

(excerpt taken from Facebook - Editor) On the divine appearance day of Srila Bhakti Vijnana Bharati Maharaja, Syamarani didi had this incredible darsan with him las t year in Vrndavana: In Honor of the Appearance Day of Srila Bhakti Vijnana Bharati Maharaja – July 19th Reconciling Apparent Differences "Ever since I received the order from Srila Gurudeva to publish an art book consisting of the paintings I did for Prabhupada and the paintings I did for him, I have been experiencing a great dilemma that no one I spoke to could help me solve. Although for the most part the instructions of Prabhupada, my diksa-guru, and Srila Gurudeva, my siksa-guru matched up perfectly, on a couple of art occasions there seemed to have been a difference.  This apparent difference would make it impossible for me to know how to publish the art book properly. I finally went to beg the help of Srila Bhakti-vijnana Bharati Gosvami Maharaja, who is a close f